Planning is the key to any successful move. After choosing A Safeway Moving, the best way to ensure your move goes smoothly for the whole family is to plan it well. The steps below will also help us work the most efficiently for you during the move.
Planning your Move
- Make sure that ALL your items have been packed. Just to be sure, make a final inspection of the home before our van operator leaves. It is always the customer’s responsibility to confirm that all of your goods have been loaded.
- Be available when our movers arrive. If you are not able to be present while our movers are packing and/or loading your goods then designate an authorized person who will be there to take your place and answer the questions the movers have.
- Make sure to mark all of the items you intend to take yourself so that our movers will not take them. Also, mark your boxes with fragile stickers when needed and label them all with your name, a list of their contents, and the room they will be delivered to in your new home.
- Disassemble your computer system before your move. Back up all of your computer files onto removable media. In transportation there is a risk that exposure to extreme heat or cold could damage internal components. Keep your data safe.
- Make sure that you fully understand the details of the estimate provided. If any charges, guarantees or other details are not fully understood, please ask our move consultant to explain them for you. Moving companies and individual estimators present their services differently, and for specific reasons.
- Dates, addresses, phone numbers, and contact persons should be given to our representative at the time you book your move. We require a 10% deposit in order to book your move. Beware of movers that ask for larger deposits. Talk to our estimator for more details.
Please Contact Us for All Your Moving and Storage Needs.