Moving is a big deal for many homeowners. On the day of moving, you carry your belongings and valuables in and out of your home. Moving your valuables to a new house can be a huge undertaking. If you are careless, some of them tend to end up a little worse. It is a very scary to think about the opportunity for damage of your belongings between packing, loading and unloading.
Here is a list of some frequently damaged items during a move. Figure out which you are most likely to face and take precautions.
- Glassware: Glassware are the most vulnerable items. If you want your glassware to survive for years to come, you will need to provide them with plenty of protection. Get the right box to pack them properly. Make sure you don’t get the very large and very small box. Wrap each item with lots of padding and layering for protection. Use plain packing paper or bubble wrap to pack them.
- Sports equipment: Sport equipment are very expensive and they should be packed properly to avoid damages. Get a separate moving box and pack your all equipment like racket, skates, ski poles, boots, shuttle, pole and board, etc. If possible, moving all the equipment in your personal car. It will help you prevent damage to any of the pieces.
- Furniture: Furniture comes in different sizes and shapes. Cheap and oddly shaped furniture are often damaged during a move. A lack of help is another reason cause of furniture damage. If you want to give a fresh and modern look to your new house, you can sell your old furniture instead of paying for its exhaustive transportation.
- Pots and plants: Do not water your plants a few days before moving. This will help to avoid leaks that can damage other boxes in the truck. Provide support to all the loose branches and tie them. Do not use a box to pack plants and pots, place them in a spacious container.
- Electronics: If you still have original boxes of your electronic items, use them for packing. If you don’t have, you can use similar boxes to put electronic devices and appliances. Detach and pack the cords of the electronic devices or appliances separately. Wrap them carefully and use bubble wrap or moving blanket and secure a packing tape.
- Mirrors and frames: These are some of the most frequently damaged items during a move. These items break very easily at the slightest mistake. Use different boxes for both, mirrors and frames. Before packing, fill the bottom of the box with packing paper. Wrap the mirrors and frames with bubble wraps and then carefully put in the box.
So, there you have it. Always take time to plan your move and get as much help as you can afford. You can get the help of family members, friends or relatives to minimize the chances of damage. If you have encountered broken things, you can get hurt with it. For assistance during your move, make a call to Safeway Moving in Edmonton.